These are joint awards with our local representatives who are listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), and UKEAS.
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2017/18 academic year.
Level of study
Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
Overseas (Non-EU), Nigeria
Type of Award
Candidates are to note that the scholarship awards are for £5,000 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2017.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2017. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigerian national or domiciled/ resident.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), and UKEAS.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and select Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship application deadline and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by this scholarship deadline of 31 May 2017.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by the scholarship deadline of 31 May 2017. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required.
Decisions will be announced in mid-July and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2017.
For further information please contact our local representatives:
Bridge House Counselling
1/3, Olagunsoye Oyinlola Street, 2nd Avenue Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos
Tel: +234 1 8728297
Email: [email protected]
2nd Floor, 84 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos
Phone: +234-1-212 0530
See website for all offices: www.studyin-uk.ng
Contact: John Ojeogwu
Mobile: + 234 (0)815 8868 617
Address: UKEAS Nigeria, 76 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
See website for all offices: http://www.ukeas.com.ng/
For further details on this scholarship, please visit the University of Birmingham Scholarship portal